PhD student in materials science in KIST, Jeonbuk National University (JNBU), Korea
Dr. Seung Min Kim at KIST Jeonbuk and Prof. Anna Lee at Jeonbuk National University (JNBU) is looking for a highly motivated Ph.D. student to develop methods to synthesize single-walled carbon nanotubes with high aspect ratio, high crystallinity and high productivity. (Starting date of the Spring semester: March 1st, 2022)
Our research includes:
– Synthesis of single-walled carbon nanotubes by floating catalyst chemical vapor deposition with newly synthesized catalyst precursors.
– Development of novel approaches to highly increase the synthesis efficiency for single-walled carbon nanotubes
– In-situ TEM analysis of the reactions between catalyst particles and carbon
– Application of high-quality single-walled carbon nanotubes into various fields
The students will mainly conduct experiments at KIST Jeonbuk and take classes at JBNU. KIST Jeonbuk possesses various “state-of-the-art” process and analysis equipment, so a student will have lots of opportunities to gain hands-on experience for various equipment.
- Graduates in B.S. and M.S. (preferred) degrees in materials science, chemical engineering, and related fields
- It is not mandatory, but a student with prior research experience would be preferred.
- An independent and harmonious student with excellent English communication
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, and copies of official transcripts of B.S. and M.S. (in pdf format) to Dr. Seung Min Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Anna Lee (email@example.com).
Register and apply here:
Dr. Seung Min Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof. Anna Lee (email@example.com)
|Organization||KIST Jeonbuk and JBNU|
|Country||Republic of Korea|
|Subject areas||CNT synthesis and materials science|
|Fellowship amount||$1,500 with tuition waived|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 19th, 2021|