The Analytic Computing group, Department of Computer Science at University of Stuttgart (led by Prof. Steffen Staab), invites applications for a full-time research position as a PhD student (100% TV-L E 13).
About the project:
- The research will involve the development of knowledge representation and reasoning methods for applications in architectural design and construction.
- This involves the design of core ontologies for architectural design processes and representation methods that allow reasoning about design processes at different levels of abstraction.
- Another focus is on the development of methods for detecting and repairing inconsistencies and constraint violations in designs.
- The position offers some flexibility and stronger focus can be given to more fundamental or more application-oriented questions dependent on your interests.
- The duration of the position is initially limited to 3 years.
- Applicants must have an MSc in Computer Science or in a related field.
- Applicant should possess knowledge in logics and/or ontologies and/or formal artificial intelligence.
- First experience with KR methods like knowledge graphs, semantic web technology or logical knowledge representation methods is required for the position.
- Good social and communication skills are a must.
Submit application with the subject “Application Knowledge Representation” to: email@example.com in one PDF file including a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae and scans of your original bachelor’s and master’s transcripts and diplomas (or stamped, official translations).
|Organization||University of Stuttgart|
|Subject areas||Computer Science|
|Deadline||August 31, 2021|