PhD Student, Materials Chemistry / Electrochemistry: LIST
M-2009 – PhD Student in the Field Of Materials Chemistry / Electrochemistry at the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST).
LIST is seeking to recruit a Ph.D. student to work on the synthesis of copper/carbons materials for the development of High Ampacity composites.
Research Theme: This project is a follow-up of a finishing industrial project that successfully set up, among others, an innovative synthesis method of such materials into standard electrolytic aqueous media.
Copper possesses quite high electro- and heat conductivities and is therefore leading many applications such as electronics, electrical household equipment, transport, and aeronautics.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Hold a Master of Science degree with proven theoretical and practical skills in materials chemistry and interface engineering, combined with a proven hands-on experience in materials chemistry and/or electrochemistry, electroplating.
- Master Student who can contribute to this project through the development and the optimization of new Copper – Carbon Nanostructure architectures for high ampacity composites.
- Highly motivated to work with an industrial partner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strengths are initiative, autonomy, result-oriented, and capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment and team.
- Good experience with structural and chemical characterization using state-of-the-art techniques (SEM, DRX, XPS, etc.). -Knowledge in system engineering and multiscale modeling of soft matter is considered as an asset;
- A good level of English is a must, good knowledge of French and/or German is an asset
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A scientific CV with contact details;
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable);
- Contact details of two references.
- Applications can be made online.
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
|Organization||Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST).|
|Subject areas||Materials Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Electroplating|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until filled|