The Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) is inviting applications for a PhD Student for the Thin Films and Interfaces Group.
About the position:
- The selected candidate will investigate the electronic structure of the surface of thin films of materials for photoelectrochemical solar water splitting.
- The PhD student will be involved in the fabrication by pulsed laser deposition of thin films of various photocatalytic materials and will be responsible for their structural, morphological, and photoelectrochemical characterizations. The electronic structure of these materials will be explored at the Advanced Resonant Spectroscopies Adress and Surface / Interface Spectroscopy SIS beamlines of the Swiss Light Source.
- The candidate will be embedded in the PSI’s scientific community and, besides own research; will be involved in support of external users of the Swiss Light Source from around the world.
- The PhD degree will be received from the ETH Zürich.
- Applicant must hold Master degree in physics or chemistry
- Strong background in solid-state physics, chemistry and/or properties of materials
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is essential
- Strong team-player attitude
- Previous experience on thin-film growth and spectroscopic methods will be a plus
- Ability to work outside standard working time (night or weekend shifts) when needed during the beamtime at the Swiss Light Source
Submit application online including addresses of referees for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 3702-00).
|Organization||Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 February 2021|