The Aston Institute of Urban Technology and the Environment (ASTUTE), funded by the School of Engineering and Applied Science at Aston University is inviting applications for a PhD studentship in Deep Learning in Graph Domains for Sensorised Environments.
Duration: 3.5 years
Supervisors: Luis J. Manso, George Vogiatzis
Starting date: October 2019
About the project:
- Classification and prediction of user’s intentions: it can in turn be applied to managing building settings such as lighting conditions or heating systems.
- Activity recognition: it will help understand users’ intentions and feelings, and to detect suspicious and dangerous activities.
- Learning of domain-specific task planning heuristics and useful actions: to enable robots compute plans efficiently in complex settings.
- Applicant should have a first class or upper second class honours degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar.
- Preferred skill requirements include knowledge/experience of programming, deep learning, mathematics.
- Apply online including a research proposal statement and other required documents.
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||12th July 2019|