Four positions for 4-year PhD studentships (Fixed Term) in AstraZeneca/Pharmacology at the University of Cambridge
Applications are invited for PhD studentship positions funded by AstraZeneca alongwith Department of Pharmacology.
- The students will be working on a collaborative projects co-led by the departmental supervisors and AstraZeneca scientists.
- Apart from carrying out their research, in their first year, the students will have compulsory training in: a) Statistics, b) Analysis of Biological Data and c) Systems Training in Maths, Informatics, Statistics and Computation Biology (SysMIC).
- The students will join a vibrant research community of PhD students & scientists working on various research fields,like; Cell Signalling, Macromolecular Structure, Cancer and Infectious Diseases, Neuropharmacology and Vascular Pharmacology.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Candidates should be highly motivated, capable of thinking and working independently.
- Applicants should have or shortly expect to obtain a minimum of a UK II.i Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Pharmacology or any related subject including Cellular or Molecular Biology and Biochemistry.
- Competition is intense and successful applicants are expected to demonstrate high academic achievements.
- These positions are open to UK/EU candidates only.
Funding: Currently £17,000 pa, is provided for up to 4 years.
Please send the following to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your CV (max two A4 pages), with full contact details of 2 academic referees.
- A covering letter (max two A4 pages) highlighting
(a) your research interests and relevant experience and
(b) what you hope to achieve from the programme.
Deadline: Applications need to be submitted by 5pm (GMT) on 12th Dec 2016. Applications will be assessed as and when they are submitted. Interviews will take place between 16th and 27th, January 2017.
Please quote reference PL10631 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
|Organization||University of Cambridge|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||£17,000 pa|
|Deadline||12th Dec 2016|