PhD, Climate Dynamics at the Department of Earth Science, University of Bergen
Description: The PhD position is funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – Innovative Training Network DEEPICE. The applicant will be part of the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research and the MCA-ITN DEEPICE.
- The main aim is research on climate science focusing on Antarctica, a high level of technical and communication proficiency.
- Large scale collaborative network across the academic and non-academic world.
- Investigation on the dynamics of the Mid-Pleistocene Transition in a modelling framework.
- Evaluation of the Existing theories of dynamics across the MPT applying numerical climate models.
- Applying a model of the ventilation of the deep ocean in conjunction with the evolution of the Antarctic ice sheet.
- Investigation and comparing the results with stable isotope records across the MPT from deep sea sediments and ice cores.
Disciplines: Physics, Mathematics, Earth Science, Geology, Climate, Meteorology, Oceanography or any similar.
Qualifications: Master’s degree or any equivalent degree.
- Experience in climate dynamics, ice dynamics and climate modelling
- Capable of working independently
- Good collaborative skills
- Excellency in both written and oral English.
Application procedure: Apply online using the link and include following documents-
- Candidates research interests and motivation for applying
- Two referees names and contact information (one must be master’s thesis or equivalent thesis)
- Curriculum vitae
- Records of bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- official documentation of proficiency in English.
- Salary will be at pay grade 54 (Code 1017/Pay range 20 or alternative 10) in the state salary scale.
- This includes a gross annual salary of NOK 482 200
- Promotions according to experience
- Registration in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Welfare benefits added.
|Organization||University of Bergen|
|Subject areas||Physics, Mathematics, Earth Science, Geology, Climate, Meteorology, Oceanography or any similar|
|Fellowship||Gross annual salary of NOK 482 200|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree or any equivalent degree|
|Deadline||1st April 2021|