PhD Positions in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada.
Deadline: 04 May 2021
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at The UBC is currently accepting PhD students. Program start dates include September, January, and May each year.
Supervisor-funded annual student stipends start at $24,000 CAD per year and are often topped-up if an external competitive scholarship is obtained. UBC’s Graduate Program in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine is an award-winning program, recognized by students and faculty as one of the best “student centered” research training opportunities at UBC.
This PhD program is a laboratory thesis-based research degree, with 6 credits of graduate courses (12 credits if students start in the MSc program then switch to the PhD). Students work under the guidance of a Research Supervisor, with support from a Supervisory Committee composed of a department-appointed Chair and 3-4 faculty members.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to medical research through prior research experience or quality references from university faculty members who can speak about the student’s potential as a researcher.
- Majority of research projects study the mechanism of disease through a variety of approaches, from in vitro to animal and human studies.
- Our supervisors are national and international leaders in their fields.
- Award of approximately $2,000 per year for the first 4 years.
- Paid over and above the stipend, provided that annual program requirements are met.
- International Students receive an International Tuition Award of $3200 per year.
This posting is for the UBC Vancouver campus in British Columbia, Canada.
Reference Number: EU-54886.
Students must satisfactorily complete course work, pass a comprehensive examination 24-36 months into the program to advance to PhD candidacy, and write and defend their research-based thesis to graduate.
How to Apply
- To express interest and initiate contact to the principal investigator applicants are encouraged to follow the instructions as provided in the position description or to submit an enquiry form on the position posting.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to complete an online application at the UBC admission as a graduate student to the university.
- Applicants should review the graduate program profile to learn about admission requirements, application deadlines, program duration, tuition, or to read student and alumni stories.
|Organization||University of British Columbia|
|Subject areas||Pathology and Laboratory Medicine|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||04 May 2021|