PhDs, MPhils grants at Teesside University, UK – Study for a research degree
It’s an exciting, interesting and rewarding opportunity to explore a topic in real depth.
Prospective students – research degrees at Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) level.Our research is directed at making significant contributions to international society as a whole. It is grounded in addressing health, social, cultural and environmental concerns.
You can submit an application at any time of year, however, we have three enrolment periods each year for new research programs – early October, February and May.
Please download and complete the 3 word templates below (proposal, research training and personal statement) before applying online. You will need to upload these documents at the start of the online application process. It is very important that you ensure you fully complete these documents otherwise your application will be rejected.
- Please download and complete the 3 word templates (proposal, research training and personal statement) before applying. You will need to upload these documents at the start of the online application process.
2. Proposal is viable and we have the capacity for your supervision, you and your potential director of studies will develop your proposal and complete a training needs analysis, working closely with your potential supervisors.
3. If you are accepted for a research degree you will be issued with an offer letter giving full details of your program including the start date of your study. Offers of a place are made for the next available start date.
We assess your research proposal when we receive your completed application form. If we believe that your
- 2-4 years
- Enrolment date: February, May, October
- 3-7 years
- Enrolment date: February, May, OctoberEntry requirements
Normal minimum entry requirements are a UK upper second class honours degree (2.1) or higher, or an approved overseas equivalent in a related subject.
If English is not your first language you should have, or expect to get, no grade lower than 6.5 in the IELTS English language test, or 58 in the Pearson Academic English test. If you don’t meet this minimum entry requirement, you can take one of our pre-sessional courses, as long as your IELTS level is at least 4.0.
|Fellowship Level||PhDs, MPhils|
|Subject areas||Science and Engineering|
|Deadline||Applications are accepted twice a year|