Research Associate Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology
Abertay university with a global outlook, rooted in its local and national communities.
1. We have made our mark with high quality, well-directed teaching and research, and a stimulating and enriching experience for our students.
2. We are seeking a highly motivated science or technology graduate to take a leading role in a 24 month project in partnership with Stirling Potatoes Ltd.
3. Aaimed to understand the science behind the production processes in the manufacture of potato based products.
4. The candidate will be employed by the Abertay University but is expected to work from the Stirling Potatoes production site at Upper Dysart, Montrose.
5. This 24 month fixed term post is funded through the government sponsored Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP).
6. supports partnerships between business and universities or research organisations, placing graduates (KTP Associates) to work on innovative high profile projects.
7. The candidate benefits from a tax free personal development budget (allowing them to participate in courses / professional qualifications) of £4,000 and will be responsible for other budgets including, travel and consumables
- The successful applicant will have a 2.1 Hons degree or above in food science/technology (or similar e.g.
- chemistry, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology).
- If appropriate, the post holder will be encouraged to register for a higher degree at the Abertay University.
- Postgraduate research experience or equivalent industrial experience is desirable.
- In addition to having the appropriate background, the successful applicant will be an ambitious, enthusiastic person, with good interpersonal skills
- who can work either independently or as part of a team, using initiative and logical thinking.
HOW TO APPLY:
- For more information or informal enquiries, please contact:
- Abertay University, Tel: 01382 308674, Email: Tziboula-Clarke@abertay.ac.uk
- If you believe you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, please submit your application by clicking apply online below.
- This post is not on the current “shortage occupation” list and does not meet the minimum requirements as issued by the Border and Immigration Agency therefore will not qualify for a Certificate of Sponsorship and Tier 2 visa.
- Please note that we will only accept applications through our online recruitment system.
- A full candidate brief can be found below which details
- The job description, person specification and application details Contact and email.id 01674677843 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Type of position||Postgraduate|
|Subject areas||Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP)|
|Fellowship||As per University Norms|