The Fritz Haber Institute (FHI) in Berlin-Dahlem is one of the oldest and most renowned research institutes within the Max Planck Society (MPG). At the FHI, researchers from all over the world are engaged in basic research in the field of chemical physics at interfaces and surfaces, catalysis research and molecular physics.
About the position:
- The Structural and Electronic Surface Dynamics groupat the Fritz Haber Institute is offering a postdoctoral position in experimental condensed matter physics.
- The group is investigating the electronic and atomic structure of solids and heterostructures in out-of-equilibrium conditions.
- We develop and use ultrafast techniques providing movies of the electronic and atomic structure in solids and nanostructures.
- From these time-resolved measurements, we infer information on coupling and correlation effects of electrons and atomic motion.
- The Fritz Haber Institute and the Department of Physical Chemistry offer an excellent and interdisciplinary environment for top-of-the-line research.
- The group operates a world-leading high-repetition rate extreme ultraviolet (XUV) time- and angle-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy (trARPES) setup including a momentum microscope.
- Applicants should hold a PhD degree or equivalent in physical sciences. Candidates with a strong background in at least one of the following areas are preferred:
- Angle-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy
- Ultrafast spectroscopy
- Physics of 2D materials and their heterostructures
- Topological properties of matter
How to apply:
- Applications for this position are only accepted via our online application portal.
- E-mail: email@example.com
|Organization||Fritz-Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society, Berlin,|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Physical chemistry|