About the position:
- Our mission is to discover novel small-molecule degraders to treat cancer and other human diseases with serious unmet medical needs.
- We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with research experience in structural biology and biophysics.
- To join a multi-disciplinary drug discovery team based within Dundee’s School of Life Sciences.
- Under the auspices of a new Protein Degradation Centre.
- The team is engaged in an exciting collaboration on proteolysis-targeting chimeras
- (PROTAC) drug discovery between the laboratories of Professor Alessio Ciulli (http://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/groups/alessio-ciulli) and Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Doctoral in structural biology, biophysics, biochemistry, chemical biology or a related discipline.
- Highly experienced in molecular biology (construct design, cloning etc.), protein expression, purification and characterisation
- Strong background in structural biology and biophysics, with an emphasis on structure-based drug design.
- Proven expertise with biophysical techniques and assays to study protein-ligand binding and protein-protein interactions
- Experience with either protein crystallization, X-ray data collection (in-house and at synchrotrons), structure solution and model refinement, or protein NMR spectroscopy, or cryo-EM.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply:
- Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Alessio Ciulli, e-mail: email@example.com
|Organization||University of Dundee|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Structural biology, biophysics, biochemistry, chemical biology|