Applications are invited for the position of Post-Doctoral Researcher within Analytical & Biological Chemistry Research Facility at University College Cork. The position is available on ‘Developing of an unbiased theoretical force-field for modelling the crystallisation’ project.
Duration: 1 year
Role and Responsibilities:
- To conduct a specified programme of research under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator/Project Leader.
- To engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Principal Investigator, School or College in order to develop research skills and competencies.
- To engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which they are engaged, as directed by, with the support of and under the supervision of a Principal Investigator.
- To acquire generic and transferable skills (including project management, business skills and postgraduate mentoring/supervision).
- To interact closely with postgraduate research students who are studying for a Masters or a PhD and possibly have an agreed role in supporting these students in their day to day research in conjunction with an academic supervisor.
- PhD in Chemistry (or related area).
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the field: Force Field developing; Atoms in Molecules and Interacting Quantum Atoms description of the chemical interactions; Non-covalent interaction; Structure Prediction.
- Appropriate research experience.
- Appropriate technical competence and accomplishment.
- A capability of working within a project team to achieve results.
- Good communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to gaining practical experience working on a research project.
- Ability to work well within a team.
Submit a short cover letter and CV to Dr Davide Tiana, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||University College Cork|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||09 August 2019|