An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) to lead the Lancashire Forensic Science Academy, in partnership with Lancashire Constabulary and the Lancashire Police and Crime Commissioner.
About the position:
- The post is open to those with either academic or practitioner backgrounds, and may attract a Professorial title.
- The Lancashire Forensic Science Academy was formed in 2018 as a strategic partnership between UCLan, Lancashire Constabulary and the Lancashire Police and Crime Commissioner created to:
- provide an unrivalled experience for continuing professional development and delivery of taught courses in Forensic Science, at all levels, to ensure graduates are meeting the needs of employers in the sector;
- develop and delivery new and/or existing training courses to external parties, securing relevant accreditation where possible;
- identify, develop and complete research in the forensic science arena including the implementation and validation of new or existing technologies to enhance processes and protocols;
- First degree in a relevant discipline, e.g. biology or chemistry or equivalent experience in a forensic science environment
- Doctorate / Higher Degree or equivalent professional qualifications / experience
- Strong communication skills in verbal and written form and ability to generate clear and concise documentation
How can apply:
- For a applicant who meets the University’s criteria the appointment will be made at Professorial level.
- Further information about the LFSA can be found at https://www.lfsa.co.uk/. For an informal discussion contact Professor Ian Allison, Executive Dean, Faculty of Science and Technology (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the relevant person specification to be considered for interview, and the successful candidate must be able to meet and maintain the necessary Police vetting requirements.
- This position is based at the Lancashire Forensic Science Academy, based at Lancashire Constabulary Headquarters, Hutton, Preston, with regular visits to the University campus.
Please apply online via www.uclan.ac.uk/jobs; if you cannot apply online please contact Human Resources on 01772 892324 and quoting the reference number. CVs will not be considered unless accompanied by a completed application form.
|Organization||University of Central Lancashire (U C L a n)|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Biology, Crime sciences, Forensic Science|
|Deadline||September 27, 2020|