Postdoc in the field of Chemical Engineering at the Stanford University
Faculty mentor: Thomas Jaramillo
Stanford Departments and Centers: Chemical Engineering
Appointment Term: One year with opportunity for renewal based on performance and funding availability.
The Jaramillo Laboratory and the SUNCAT Center for Interface Science and Catalysis are seeking a postdoctoral scholar to work in the area of experimental electrocatalysis and photo-electrocatalysis.
The group is seeking a candidate to help promote SUNCAT efforts to synthesize and evaluate electrocatalysts, semiconductors, and photoelectrodes. The laboratory is interested in a broad range of electrochemical reactions in the context of our mission to enable sustainable fuel and material production; we aim to not only synthesize new catalysts but also to understand and identify characteristics of the interfacial microenvironment that govern both catalyst activity and durability.
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science or a related field is required prior to appointment for this position.
The following qualifications will be considered when evaluating the candidates:
- Experience in synthesizing and characterizing electrocatalysts, including via electrochemical and spectroscopic methods (e. XPS, XRD, FT-IR, Raman, etc.)
- Experience characterizing product distributions via a range of techniques (GC, NMR, HPLC, etc.)
- Experience with nanofabrication and clean room techniques, especially for solar energy conversion devices
- Experience working at synchrotron and advanced beamline facilities
- A desire to work as part of a larger team and the ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Competency in English (Oral and written)
Required Application Materials:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position and your relevant qualifications
- An updated curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- Contact information for 2-3 references
How to Submit Application Materials:
|Fellowship amount||As per University Norms|
|Eligibility||PhD, Open to International students|
|Deadline||Open until filled|