Postdoc, Energy Group: Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) – For the Catalysis for Energy Group looking for the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI). PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland.
Postdoctoral Fellow Tasks Involved
- Develop aging protocols (thermal, chemical and combined) to simulate aging of field aged diesel oxidation catalysts
- Characterize real-world catalysts based on Pt-alumina
- Assess their catalytic performance under simulated reaction conditions with realistic feed gas compositions
- Write competitive proposals for beamtime and conduct X-Ray absorption spectroscopy experiments
- Publication of the research results in scientific journals and their presentation at national / international conferences
- Report advances to the industrial partner on regular base
Requirements / Qualifications
- PhD degree in heterogeneous catalysis, preferably automotive exhaust catalysis
- Skills in characterization (XRD, BET, EM, TPD) of catalysts and corresponding data analysis and in catalyst testing
- Strong motivation for experimental work in an international team
- Good knowledge of English
- Command of German is advantageous for the communication with laboratory assistants and technicians
Benefits: Your employment contract is limited to two years.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr Oliver Kröcher, phone +41 56 310 20 66.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoc Fellow (Ref / Index no. 5105-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Ramona Diener, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
|Paul Scherrer Institut
|Materials and Matters, Life-Sciences, Chemistry
|Open to all nationalities