Postdoc Fellow Position at the Materials Science Program at IIT Kanpur. The Inter Disciplinary Program on Materials Science invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of PostDoctoral Fellow:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- The applicants must be Indian nationals with Ph.D degree in Engineering or Science from a recognized institute / university from India or abroad.
- Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D thesis are also eligible to apply. They are expected to successfully defend their Ph.D thesis within six (06) months from the date of their joining (if selected).
More Information about the recruitment:
- The fellow will be associated with a faculty member of the department, who will be their mentor.
- The applicant must specify the name of the mentor faculty member during the time of application.
- Potential applicants should get in touch with prospective mentors before applying.
- Each application should be accompanied by the applicant’s curriculum-vitae (CV), names & contact details of three (03) referees familiar with the work, and a research plan.
- The CV (in pdf file format) should clearly state the educational details (along with the name of the degree, year of passing, place of study, marks/grades) & list the publications in journals and conferences separately.
- Copies of degree certificates are not required at this stage.
- Each application will be judged based on the merit of the work and the quality of publications. If required, short-listed applicants from within India may be invited to give a seminar in the department.
Duration / Fellowships:
Duration: Each appointment will be made initially for a period of one (01) year, and it may be extended for a second year subject to satisfactory performance.
- The fellowship amount will be Rs. 50,000/- per month for the Ist year, Rs. 55,000/- per month for the IInd year, and Rs. 60,000/- per month for the third year.
- The candidate will also receive Rs. 1,00,000/- per year for travel and contingency.
- The post-doctoral fellows will be encouraged to participate in the departmental teaching activities such as being a tutor or a lab instructor (with an involvement of a maximum of 8 hours per week).
Deadline: March 24, 2017.
Note: Candidates with a Ph.D degree from IIT Kanpur are not encouraged for this post.
Application Procedure: Soft copy of the application is preferred and is to be sent to email@example.com, with the subject line as “Post-doc application for MSP”.
Any correspondence by post should be addressed to Head, Materials Science Programme, ACMS Building, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur 208 016, India.