The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is inviting application for Postdoc fellowship in High-resolution structure and function of kidney antigen/antibody complexes. The position is available in Germany lab.
Role and responsibilities:
- Project Outline: Membranous nephropathy is caused by autoimmune responses to a number of cell surface proteins at the kidney filtration barrier.
- In this project, we are aiming to determine the full-length structures of two of these antigens, alone and in complex with specifically binding antibodies.
- The structural data together with a clinical group from the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (T. Huber, N. Tomas) to elucidate the disease-causing molecular mechanism will be used.
- The fellowship is supported and integrated into research network “Immune-Mediated Glomerular Diseases – Basic Concepts and Clinical Implications”
- Applicant must hold PhD in a relevant field and proven record of scientific accomplishments
- Previously demonstrated expertise in high-resolution structural biology and biophysical approaches including sample preparation (molecular biology, protein purification) and scientific ambition
- International experience and ingenuousness and interest for interdisciplinary work in collaboration with medical researchers
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in biochemistry (in vitro and cell-based assays) and cell biology (including imaging) would be advantageous.
How to apply:
apply online and the Reference Number is HH00185.
|Organization||European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)|
|Subject areas||Structural Biology, Molecular Biology, Protein Purification, Biochemistry, Cell Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||5 April 2020|
- Total Jobs 27 Jobs
- Address Germany