IIT Bhubaneswar: Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme at Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar, India. Candidates preferably below 35 years having a Ph.D. Degree and willing to carry out advanced research in the fields of Basic Sciences; Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences; Electrical Sciences; Infrastructure; Mechanical Sciences; Humanities, Social Sciences & Management may apply for this position.
Tenure: This is purely a temporary time-bound position, and must not be considered in any way as a permanent cadre of the Institute. The fellowship is offered initially for a period of one (1) year, and may be extended for another year based on review of the contributions made by the Fellow.
Responsibility: The Fellow will be required to participate in the teaching and research activities of the Institute including mentoring young undergraduates and post-graduate students. The Fellow shall also carry out any other assignments related to academics as given by the Institute.EligibilityConsistently good academic record followed by a Ph.D. degree in the relevant fields in Engineering/Science/Humanities. Only those candidates, who have received the Ph. D. degree within the past two years, will be considered.Process
Application should include : –
- Detailed CV
- One-page summary of Ph.D. work
- Two-page research proposal
- One-set of copies of publication.
- All relevant educational certificates & marksheets.
Candidates called for interview will be reimbursed TA (up to AC 3-Tier Rail fare/ Bus fare) by the shortest route.
Selection: The candidate called for interview shall make a presentation of his/her research plan before a selection committee.
- For Engineering: Rs. 30,000-35,000 depending on years of post-Ph.D. experience.
- For Science & Humanities: Rs. 25,000-30,000 depending on years of post-Ph.D. experience.
- Suitable accommodation along with a contingency grant of Rs.40, 000 per annum will be admissible.
- House Rent Allowance as admissible, if accommodation is not provided.
- Medical and Leave benefit: As admissible by the Institute.
Some important informations
- After online submission, print a hard-copy of the completed application form (the online portal will allow you to print after successful electronic submission of your application). Attach all relevant enclosures and forward the application packet to:
Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
Toshali Bhawan, Satyanagar, Bhubaneswar – 751 007
- The hardcopy of application form with necessary enclosures should be signed and submitted to above mentioned address along with a non-refundable Demand Draft of Rs. 500/-for General/OBC, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PD drawn in favour of “IIT Bhubaneswar” on any nationalized bank payable at Bhubaneswar in A4 size envelope only by post or in person. The Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Women candidates are exempted from the payment of application fees.
- Please super-scribe ‘Application for Post Doctoral Position in the School of ______________’ on the top of the envelope.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for interview.
- Incomplete applications/application without relevant supporting documents/ application without prescribed Demand Draft/ application not on prescribed form will be out rightly rejected and no correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection/interview.
- Name of Organisation Field Value