We are recruiting for a Head of Mass Spectroscopy who will play a major leadership role in the operations and expansion of the Mass-Spectrometry Unit within the ASSET Centre of the Institute for Global Food Security in the School of Biological Science.
About the position:
- The ASSET Technology Centre is a leading analytical chemistry research hub and is a designated ‘Centre of Expertise’ in food authenticity.
- Researchers undertake frontier measurement research is many areas of environmental and food security related sciences.
- The development of proposals to support the centre to gaining further national and international recognition as a centre of excellence will also be a key role as will the fostering of strategic relationships with key technology providers.
- The Head of the Unit will contribute to strategic planning to ensure the long term sustainability and expansion of the unit.
- They will provide high quality scientific expertise to support researchers obtaining the maximum benefit from the technology platforms available.
- The successful candidate must have:
- A relevant degree and PhD
- Substantial relevant research experience in mass spectrometry that will enable further development of the unit and contribute to the Institute grand challenges
- Experience of developing new research methodologies, especially for small molecule analysis, with the aim of implementing new approaches, techniques and work flows for mass spectrometry.
How to apply:
- For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply.
- You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria when you submit your application.
- For further information or assistance, contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN or email on email@example.com
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Food security, microbiology, and ecosystem biology|
|Deadline||October 05 ,2020|