The Soil Microbiology Team at the Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory (CRREL) in Hanover, NH is seeking a highly-motivated candidate for a postdoctoral position to join a vibrant, interdisciplinary research team investigating the c, permafrost, and snow.
About the position:
- We are a highly collaborative team that studies the ecology of microbial communities in cold regions, relating to permafrost thaw, life under frozen conditions, terrestrial bioelectric signaling, and bioremediation.
- We seek a postdoctoral researcher with expertise in computational biology or bioinformatics to join our team to develop pipelines for interrogating complex environmental microbiology datasets contribute to peer-reviewed publications.
- Using a range of environmental samples from frozen soils to snow, the candidate will have the opportunity to analyze complex datasets such as amplicon and shot gun sequencing datasets, as well as protein datasets.
- Prior experience with next-generation sequencing (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, etc), bioinformatics, large data sets and statistical analysis of microbial processes is essential.
- A strong interest and skills in modeling biology is desirable.
- Qualifications: Candidates should exhibit a strong ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team.
- Candidates should exhibit a strong ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team.
- A PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, microbiology, ecology, or environmental science is required. Knowledge and experience in the analysis of high-throughput biological data is required. Prior experience programming is required.
- Understanding of soil biochemical concepts and their dependency on soil conditions is desired.
- Strong organizational, as well as oral and written communications skills should be demonstrated
How to apply:
- To apply, please submit a cover letter describing research experience and goals, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three references to: Robyn A. Barbato, PhD, Research Microbiologist, Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory, 72 Lyme Road Hanover, NH 03755, email@example.com.
|Organization||Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory (CRREL)|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Bioinformatics, ecology, and computational biology|