The School of Biotechnology and Bio molecular Sciences (BABS) has an international reputation in biotechnology, molecular and cellular biology, and microbiology, including proteomics and genomics, gene regulation, metabolism, environmental microbiology and infectious diseases.
About the position:
- The Postdoctoral Research Associate will conduct research related to drug discovery for small molecule anti-obesity drugs.
- Work includes testing novel small molecule drugs in mice to determine half-life in circulation, tissue distribution, maximal tolerated dose, and oral bioavailability.
- Lead molecules that are suitable for further development will be tested for efficacy in mouse models of obesity and/or related metabolic disorders.
- Knowledge and experience on mitochondrial energetics and mouse models of obesity is required.
- This position is also expected to provide lab management support and assist in the supervision of honours and postgraduate research students as required.
- PhD in a discipline related to pharmacology, physiology, or metabolism.
- Demonstrated experience in mouse models of fatty liver disease
- Demonstrated experience in small molecule mass spectrometry
- Demonstrated experience handling animals and processing animal tissues.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of written research reports and manuscripts.
How to apply:
- You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
- For informal queries, please see the below contact details.
- Otherwise, please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
- Contact: Kyle HoehnE: email@example.com
|Organization||University of new south wales|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, pharmacology and Bio molecular Sciences|