A Post-doctoral Associate position is available in the Department of Chemistry to work in a project on the Catalytic Synthesis of Cyclic Polymers led by Prof. Adam S. Veige in Chemistry.
About the position:
- We have a position available in our group to work with industrial partners on (1) the application of our novel catalysts for the synthesis of commercially relevant cyclic polymers, and (2) the optimization, development, and characterization of new organometallic complexes for ring expansion polymerization for the production of cyclic polymers.
- We are looking for candidates familiar with Organometallic/inorganic synthesis and catalysis, and knowledge of polymer chemistry including polymer characterization methods and large-scale synthesis.
- Experience in one of the areas of polymer physics, rheology, light scattering, or polymer processing is desirable but not required.
- The candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with and grow collaborations with industrial partners.
- Must have PhD in Chemistry.
- This position will be initially awarded for one year, and, contingent upon strong performance and conduct and availability of funds, may be renewed for up to one year.
How to apply:
- For full consideration, applications must be submitted online at http://apply.interfolio.com/78553and must include:
- (1) a short (limited to one page) statement of scientific interests,
- (2) CV, and (3) three confidential letters of recommendation sent on their behalf to their Interfile submission packet.
|Organization||University of Florida|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Chemistry,Polymer Science|