Postdoctoral fellow positions at Penn Epigenetics Institute and the Institute for Immunology: Philadelphia, PA, United States
About the position:
- Postdoctoral positions funded by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative award for computational biologists are available at the University of Pennsylvania in laboratories of Drs. Vahedi and Henao-Mejia.
- Childhood obesity is one of the most important global public health challenges of the 21st century worldwide.
- The goal of this multidisciplinary collaboration is to map the impact of obesity in the immune system in children and the long-term immunological consequences of this disorder.
- As inflammation plays a critical role in the majority of obesity associated diseases, our research will be the first step to elucidate alterations in the immune system that contribute to disease progression in obese children using single-cell technologies.
- Computational candidates are required to hold a PhD in computer science, engineering, bioinformatics or related programs.
- Trainees with experience in single-cell genomics are encouraged to apply.
- Expertise in machine learning and statistics in addition to programing in Python and R in a Unix environment is required.
- Additional postdoctoral opportunities for wet and dry biologists are available in both laboratories of Drs. Henao-Mejia and Vahedi. Experimental candidates are required to hold a PhD in molecular biology, immunology, or biochemistry.
- Experience in genomics and epigenomics will be viewed favorably. Potential training opportunities exist for the experimental scientist joining our lab to learn computational genomics.
How to apply:
- Further information about our labs could be found at http://vahedilab.github.io/LabSite/
- Interested applicants should submit a CV to email@example.com
|Organization||University of Pennsylvania|
|Subject areas||computer science, engineering, bioinformatics|