The European law section of the Department of International and European Law at the Utrecht University School of Law is looking for an Assistant Professor who will be involved in teaching European Union law and possibly Public International Law courses.
About the position:
- The prospective lecturer will be involved in both Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes offered by the School of Law and the University College Utrecht.
- The relevant Master’s programmes include European Law, European Criminal Justice and Law and Technology.
- The lecturer will also supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s theses and may be assigned coordination and tutoring tasks.
- Although the emphasis will be on academic teaching, the position includes 0.3 FTE research.
- We are looking for a candidate with broad, sound knowledge of the foundations of European Union law, including its institutional and substantive dimensions.
- Expertise in one or more of the areas covered by the aforementioned Master’s programmes would be an asset.
- In particular the following requirements apply:
- a PhD in European Union Law, preferably in one or more fields covered by the Master’s programmes;
- experience and strong skills in academic teaching;
- experience in developing and coordinating courses is an asset;
How to apply:
|Type of position
|European Law, Economics and Governance