A postdoctoral position is available in the area of sponge-microbe interactions and development of transfect ion methods for genome editing tools in freshwater sponges
About the position:
- A postdoctoral position is available in the area of sponge-microbe interactions and development of transfixion methods for genome editing tools in freshwater sponges
- The Hill, Leys and Rison labs are exploring host-symbiotic interactions in an emerging model system the freshwater sponge Ephydatia Mueller.
- Funding is available for a two-year postdoctoral position to develop methods of transfixion for genome editing tools.
- Advantages of this system include availability of a high quality genome assembly and easy lab culture of sponge host and algal symbionts.
- The successful applicant will work in a supportive and inclusive environment in the Leys Lab at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, and maintain close collaboration with other team members in the USA (Bates College, Lewiston, Maine) and Spain (National Museum of Natural Sciences, Madrid).
- Doctoral degree or equivalent (Ph.D.) in molecular biology, microbiology, genetics or other closely related field
How to apply:
- Please send inquiries and applications to Drs. Leys, Riesgo and Hill at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, and a brief description of their experience as well as the names and contact information of three references.
|Organization||University of Alberta|
|Type of position||postdoc|
|Subject areas||biology, microbiology, genetics|