The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is offering MIF research scholarships program (natural science, medicine and engineering) to international students of high academic ability for YEAR 2018 entry. Fellowships are awarded to undertake research at selected host institutions.
Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarship, specifically for overseas students.
Candidates must hold a doctorate degree or be recognized by the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) as possessing equivalent academic qualifications. Overseas candidates who want to study in Japanese or English must prove their language proficiency if the language is not their native. Candidates may also be asked to submit scores from an English proficiency test such as TOEFL. or to travel to Japan to appear in university entrance examinations.
Candidates are available to carry out research at selected host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry).
Study Subject(s): Fields of study such as natural science, medicine and engineering are given first priority.
The following financial support is provided to successful candidates. No support for his/her dependents or family is available. Scholarship are provided for successful candidates only and intended for necessary living expenses and research activities in Japan. Under no circumstances is any part of the scholarship transferable to any other persons or other items.
- Remuneration for research and stay is ¥200,000 yen monthly for the purpose of payment of tuition, expenses for research materials, lodging, transportation, meals etc.
- Insurance: Overseas Travel Accident/Sickness Insurance: (1) Personal accident insurance with death benefit and medical treatment, and (2) Sickness insurance with medical treatment and death benefit.
- Air transportation: An economy-class round-trip air ticket between the international airport nearest to successful applicant’s home residence and Tokyo via most direct routing is provided. The provided air ticket cannot be converted to cash, nor can cash be provided by MIF for purchase of an air ticket by any individual or organization other than MIF
- on arrival: ¥120,000 yen (Lump sum) is provided to assist with local travel expenses on arrival, the initial cost of lodging, etc.
FELLOWSHIPS can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
- Candidates must hold a doctorate degree, or be recognized by the Matsumae International Foundation as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
- Candidates must be under 49 years old at the time of application.
- Candidates must have sufficient conversational ability in English or Japanese to prevent insurmountable difficulties during their research activities in Japan.
- Candidates should not have been in Japan in the past and/or in the present.
- Candidates should have firm positions and professions in their home countries, and should return to their countries on completion of their fellowship stay by the foundation.
- Candidates must be of sound health and not physically handicapped in any way which would not prevent from carrying out research in Japan.
Nationality: Non Japanese citizens can apply for these MIF scholarships.
Candidates must hold a doctorate degree, or be recognized by the Matsumae International Foundation as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
English Language Requirements:
A number of leading universities, especially private ones, offer a few courses in English but most are in Japanese and knowledge of the language is more of a requirement than an asset. Overseas candidates who want to study in English or Japanese must prove their language proficiency if the language is not their native tongue. Candidates may also be asked to submit scores from an English proficiency test such as TOEFL. OR to travel to Japan to sit university entrance examinations.
How to Apply:
Candidates should obtain the current issue of the Fellowship Announcement from the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) To obtain the announcement, write to Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) with name and address by postal mail, or by E-mail. Or, download the announcement from the web page of the Matsumae International Foundation and print out the Application Form in PDF-format or MS Word file.
Application Deadline: Candidates must be received by the Matsumae International Foundation until August 31st, 2018.
- Name of Organisation Field Value