There is a vacancy for a temporary research position at the Geophysical Institute (www.uib.no/gfi/en) within the field of the marine carbon cycle. The position is for a period of 2.5 years. The position is linked to the project “Biogeochemical Change and Detection (BIGCHANGE)”, funded by a strategic grant from the Centre for Climate Dynamics at the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research.
Qualifications / Key Requirements –
- The applicant must have completed a doctoral degree in oceanography, biogeochemicatry, earth sciences, mathematics, or other relevant field before expiry of the application deadline.
- It is a prerequisite that the applicant can document experience in interdisciplinary earth system science and biogeochemistry, preferably with focus on the marine carbon cycle
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages enabling operation of earth system models and analysis of their output is required, as well as good skills in statistics.
The application must include:
- Brief account of the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying for this job
- Names and contact information of two references. One of these may be the main supervisor from the PhD programme.
- Transcripts and diplomas
- Relevant certificates/written references
- List of publications
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at JobbNorge. Applications sent by email to individuals will not be considered.
Deadline: 15 February 2016
Detailed information about the positon can be obtained by contacting project managers Associate Professor Are Olsen, phone +47 55 58 47 81 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org , and Dr. Jerry Tjiputra, phone +47 55 58 86 99 / email: email@example.com