We are looking for a highly motivated Postdoc to join our research group at Chalmers. You will be part of our organic electronics team and focus on the design and synthesis of conjugated polymers. Conjugated polymers with oligoethylene glycol side chains currently receive considerable attention in the field of organic electronics, for applications from energy harvesting and storage to bioelectronics. The goal of your project will be to further develop this class of polymers in order to create materials with superior mechanical properties that are needed for thermoelectric and wearable electronics, including e-textiles.
- The Miller Research Group focuses on the physical chemistry and materials science of organic semiconductors, polymer blends and composites, and develops new plastic materials for use in the fields of wearable electronics and energy technology.
- All research is conducted in co-operation with other universities/institutes and/or industry. Presently, our group consists of 1 Professor, 1 Research Staff, 4 Postdocs and 7 PhD students
- You will work closely with several PhD students in our group, as well as with several external collaborators, and together study the mechanical, electrical and electrochemical properties of the materials that you have developed.
- The successful applicant must have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, or equivalent with focus on the design, synthesis and characterization of conjugated polymers.
- Previous experience with (1) chemical doping of conjugated polymers, and (2) nanocellulose based materials is a merit.
How to Apply:
- The application should be marked with Ref 20200221 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files, as below:
- For questions, please contact: Christian Muller, Department of Chemistry and Chemical engenirning
|Organization||Chalmers University of Technology|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Mechanical, electrical and electrochemical|