Heriot-Watt University has five campuses: three in the UK (Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney), one in Dubai and one in Malaysia. The University offers a highly distinctive range of degree programmes in the specialist areas of science, engineering, design, business and languages.
- Possess and maintain sufficient breadth or depth of specialist discipline knowledge and or research methods and techniques to work in own area.
- Applicants should hold a PhD in a solid-state chemistry or related subject, or have a thesis submitted by the start date of the project.
- Appropriate publication record for career stage, and evidence of contribution to the writing of these publications proportionate to opportunity.
- Strong understanding and thorough grounding in solid-state chemistry, including experience of synthesis, structural characterisation and property measurements.
- Ability to articulate research work, both in technical reports / papers and by oral presentation
- Ability to formulate and progress work on their own initiative.
- Evidence of research ability: problem solving, flexibility.
- Ability to work as part of a team both at Heriot-Watt and more widely with external collaborators.
How to Apply:
- Applications can be submitted online
- At Herriot-Watt University we understand that being diverse makes us better which is why we support a culture of respect and equal opportunity, and value diversity at the heart of what we do.
- calculator:https://www.hw.ac.uk/about/work/total-rewards-calculator.htm to see the value of benefits provided by Heriot-Watt University.
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Chemical Sciences, Thermoelectric Materials|