Postdoc Research Associate (PDF) in Halogen Modelling at the Department of Chemistry at the University of York – Heslington Campus.
Hours of work: Full-time
Contract status: Fixed term
Fellowship/Salary: £31,076 – £38,183
The selected candidate will undertake research into:
- Role of halogens (notably Iodine) in controlling the composition of the troposphere.
- Using the GEOS-Chem chemistry transport model,
- Developing new parameterizations for the model,
- Evaluating the model against observations and evaluating policy relevant implications.
- The post forms part of a wider NERC funded project led under Prof Lucy Carpenter within the WACL group and model developments will be made with this wider project in mind.
- Excellent track record at PhD or post-doc research in atmospheric chemistry modelling with the GEOS-Chem model.
- You will be able to evaluate the model against field observations and understand the role of halogen chemistry in the troposphere.
- You will be able to demonstrate an ability to write papers and deliver research seminars.
The post is full-time (although applications for flexible or part-time working will be considered)
|Organization||University of York|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoc Research position|
|Subject areas||Chemistry (Halogen Modelling)|
|Fellowship amount||£31,076 – £38,183|