Dioscuri Centre for Physics and Chemistry of Bacteria is seeking a full-time postdoctoral researcher to work on heterogeneous response to cancer chemotherapy in in vitro models of cancer.
About the position:
- The candidate will investigate differences in single-cell response of normal and cancer cells to chemotherapy, and how the response correlates with phenotypic, non-genetic heterogeneity prior to treatment.
- The project will help to better understand why chemotherapy fails, quantify the contribution of different mechanisms leading to resistance, and drive better, predictive mathematical models of cancer treatment.
- This post is funded by the POLS grant “Phenotypic heterogeneity in cancer chemotherapy” carried out in collaboration with Professor Hesso Farhan, the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences at the University of Oslo, and the Institute of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Innsbruck in Austria.
- The candidate is expected to work closely with experimentalists from Prof. Hesso Farhan’s group (Innsbruck, Austria), which will include collaborative research visits to Innsbruck.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Biology, Biomedicine, or Biological Physics
- Applicant must have hands-on experience with microscopic optical imaging and very good academic achievements as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and talks/poster presentations at international conferences.
- Applicant must possess ability to draft (in English) scientific papers for academic journals and ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally and in writing.
- Experience in in vitro cancer models (cell cultures, spheroids, organelloids), live-cell optical imaging (epi-fluorescent, confocal), ideally using automated, computer-controlled microscopes or image cytometers, CRISPR-Cas9 or other methods suitable for genetic engineering of human cell lines
- Experience in cross-disciplinary and / or collaborative research projects.
- Ability to communicate with researchers or other project partners from other scientific backgrounds, especially with computer/mathematical modellers
All documents (including the reference letters) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Rekrutacja nr 41/2021” in the subject line. and a complete application should include the following items:
- Motivation Letter
- Professional Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- Personal data processing consent
- 2 letters of reference from previous supervisors/employers should be arranged to be sent directly to email@example.com
Dioscuri Centre for Physics and Chemistry of Bacteria
|Subject areas||Biology, Biomedicine, Biological Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||17 September 2021|