The Department of Comparative Science of Cultures at Ghent University has open vacancy for a temporary position as postdoctoral researcher (75%) for a period of 6 months from 1 February 2020 until 31 July 2020. The researcher will assist scientific research in the framework of the research project “Colonial Consciousness and the Caste System in 20th-Century India: A study of the intellectual and institutional impact of orientalist discourse,” led by Prof. Dr. Jakob De Roover.
- Applicant must hold a PhD degree in a relevant discipline in the Humanities.
- Applicant must be familiar with current research into Indian culture and society and has a PhD dissertation and/or scientific publications related to the study of modern Indian culture and society.
- Applicant must have an excellent command of the English language.
- Applicant must have experience in international and intercultural collaboration in the framework of higher education and scientific research.
- Scientific publications and conference papers with regard to the themes of ‘caste’, ‘colonialism’ and/or ‘orientalism’ will be considered a plus; so will familiarity with the research programme Comparative Science of Cultures.
How to apply:
Applications must contain the following documents in English:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- The documents should be sent to Prof. Dr. Jakob De Roover via email: Jakob.Deroover@UGent.be
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Nov 14, 2019|