The applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time fixed term position as a Postdoctoral Researcher with the School of Physics at the National University of Ireland, Galway. This position is funded by the European Space Agency and is available from 1st August 2021 to contract end date of 31st December 2022. The successful candidate will be based in Galway, Ireland in the Applied Optics group of the School of Physics.
- Applicants must have a PhD in the Physics or a related Engineering discipline.
- The ideal candidate should have a track record in a research and development environment
- Possess sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in Applied Optics and of relevant research methods and techniques.
- Demonstrate awareness of the research environment and the various grant sources and application mechanisms
- Experience developing micro/nanoparticle detection/imaging systems would be a strong advantage.
- Candidates should have excellent communication and organizational skills; be highly motivated and passionate about developing new products
- Strong documentation, oral and interpersonal skills.
How to apply:
Applications to be sent via e-mail (in word or PDF only) to Dr. Nicholas Devaney: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org including a covering letter, CV, and the contact details of three referees (quote reference number NUIG-RES-032-21 in subject line of e-mail application).
|Organization||National University of Ireland (NUI)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30th April 2021|