The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) is inviting applications for a postdoc position in Functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS) and EEG for Neuro-Cognitive Development in Infants in the Medical Optics research group led by Prof. Turgut Durduran. The project is in collaboration with the Speech Acquisition and Perception group led by Prof. Nuria Sebastian Galles at UPF-Pompeu Fabra University.
About the project:
- This project is part of an on-going collaboration to utilize a newly developed fNIRS and fDCS system alongside EEG to study speech acquisition and perception in infants.
- The studies are carried out in advanced protocols while developing new probes, new instrumentation and analysis routines for the fNIRS and fDCS data.
- Candidates must hold an internationally recognized PhD equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the near future) in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in functional neuroimaging methods & algorithms.
- EEG experience is a plus.
- Functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) experience is a plus.
- Experience with infant or child data would be considered favorable.
Duration: 01 year, renewable for a total of up to 5 years.
Apply online and include the following:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including full address, a contact phone number and e-mail address.
- The names and contact e-mails of three potential referees.
|Organization||The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Neuroscience|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||28th February 2020|