The Department of Chemistry – Ångström at Uppsala University is inviting applications for a Postdoc position in atomistic modelling of electrified oxide materials.
About the project:
- The present research project concerns modelling electrified oxide materials for applications in electrochemical energy storage. The surface of metal oxides in aqueous solutions is electrified in working conditions due to the acid-base chemistry and composed of protonic electric double layer.
- The focus of this project will be on i) the further development of finite field methods for modelling electric double layer at aqueous interfaces (ii) the application of finite field methods for modelling electrochemical supercapacitors. The work will be done in connection to a larger project funded by European Research Council (ERC).
- This position will be located within the Computational Materials Chemistry (CMC) group as a part of the structural chemistry program at Uppsala University.
- Applicant should have obtained a PhD or an international equivalent degree within the field of polymer chemistry or other for the position relevant field, within a maximum of three (3) years before the start of the employment. During certain circumstances, an earlier PhD can be acceptable, including leave due to illness, maternity leave etc.
- Applicants should have a good knowledge and practical experience of density functional theory (DFT) calculations and molecular dynamics (MD) simulations of condensed phase systems.
- Applicants should have very good oral and written proficiency in English.
How to apply:
|Subject areas||Computational Materials Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||16th November 2020|