An 18 month position as a researcher within the field of Inorganic materials chemistry (battery materials) is available at the Department of Chemistry/Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN), section NAFUMA – nanostructures and functional materials.
About the position:
- We are looking for a creative, skilled and ambitious researcher to join our research activities on battery materials.
- The researcher will work in a team of 6-10 PhD students and post doctor fellows /researchers.
- External collaboration with other academic research groups and industry actors will take place via the current project SilcRoad (funded by the Research Council of Norway; coordinated by the Institute for Energy Technology, IFE), as well as the FME center MoZEES.
- The main topic for the work in the Silcroad project is the studies of Si-based model materials for anodes in Li-ion batteries.
- The primary focus of the advertised position will be on studies of thin film/coatings of Si-based electrode materials with the use of X-ray diffraction, scattering, reflectometry as well as optical spectroscopy.
- Other characterization methods may also be applied, e.g. NMR, XPS, SEM and TEM, primarily by SINTEF as project partner.
- The preparation of model materials and electrodes will be primarily done by IFE.
- In addition, within this project post mortem analysis and operando studies will be carried out.
- Experiments using synchrotron radiation are foreseen, depending on access and travelling regulations.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition is to be among Europe’s leading communities for research, education and innovation.
- Applicants for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials
- The following qualifications will count in the assessment of the applicants:
- The applicant should hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian PhD degree within chemistry or a related field, and with relevant specialization within inorganic chemistry, nanochemistry, materials chemistry or materials science.
- In exceptional cases, highly qualified candidates according to the scientific requirements but holding just an MSc degree may be considered.
How to apply:
- The application must includecover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only) a complete list of publications list of reference persons:
- 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
- Further information professor Ola Nilsen, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- For questions regarding the recruitment system please contact:
- HR adviser Ørjan Pretorius, email@example.com
|Organization||University of Oslo|
|Subject areas||Materials Science, Inorganic chemistry and Nanotechnology|
|Deadline||September 30 ,2020|