There is a vacancy for a postdoctoral fellow position at Department of Mathematics (www.uib.no/en/math) within mathematics connected to the project “dCod 1.0: decoding the systems toxicology of Atlantic cod – environmental genomics for ecosystem quality monitoring and risk assessment “, which is part of the Digital Life initiative to BIOTEK2021-program funded by the Norwegian Research Council.
|Organization||University of Bergen|
|Eligibility||Open for international students, Phd in Maths|
|Deadline||20 March 2016|
The main project is located at the Department of Biology and is a collaborative project with the Department of Informatics and the Department of Mathematics.
Requirements: Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a Norwegian PhD or an equivalent degree within mathematics, or must have submitted his/her doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded
- Experience in application of topological methods in data analysis.
- Work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- The names and contact information for two reference persons. One of these may be the the main advisor from the PhD programme.
- Transcripts and diplomas and official confirmation that the doctoral thesis has been submitted.
- Relevant certificates/references.
- List of any works of a scientific nature (publication list).
- Any publications in your name.
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at Jobbnorge.
Deadline: 20 March 2016
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting associate professor Morten Brun, email: email@example.com