The Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization (MPI-DS) invites applications for a Postdoctoral position (m/f/d) in Membrane Biophysics in group “Membrane based biomimetic nano- and microcompartments” of Prof. Dr. Claudia Steinem (Max-Planck fellow). Applications are open to an excellent, highly motivated early-career researcher to join the research team.
About the research:
- The research of the group focuses on membrane-confined processes such as fusion and fission, transport processes mediated by ion channels and protein pumps as well as protein-lipid and protein-protein interactions occurring at the membrane interface.
- To understand these processes on a molecular level, we pursue a bottom-up approach and develop and apply model membrane systems such as supported lipid bilayers, giant vesicles and pore-spanning membranes suspending nanometer- to micrometer-sized pores.
- With these model systems in hand, we are able to address specific questions in the area of membrane biochemistry.
- Candidate should hold a PhD degree with a background in (bio)chemistry, biophysics or a related field.
- Candidate should have experience in membrane biochemistry or membrane biophysics as well as surface sensitive methods.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
Apply online with the reference no MPIDS-W041 and submit the following:
- Publication list
- A statement of research interest and also briefly describe past and current research interests and why you are interested in joining the group.
- Contacts of two referees
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization (MPI-DS)
|Subject areas||(Bio)Chemistry, Biophysics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th February 2020|