At the Department of Molecular Biology a postdoctoral fellow position is available within molecular and RNA biology. The position is for a period of 3 years and funded by the Research Council of Norway.
|Organization||University of Bergen|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
|Eligibility||Open for International students|
|Deadline||28 February 2016|
About the project/work tasks
The successful candidate will work in the research group led by Eivind Valen (valenlab.com) at the Computational Biological Unit. The focus of the group is gene regulation, omics, computational and RNA biology.
Qualifications and personal qualities
- The applicant must hold a PhD or an equivalent degree within the field of molecular biology or a related field, or must have submitted his/her doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded.
- Techniques required for this research project include advanced molecular biology, including next generation sequencing and genome engineering in the zebrafish model system. Experience with either zebrafish, RNA biology and/or next generation sequencing is an advantage, but strong candidates with experience in related techniques may be considered.
- Knowledge of developmental biology is an advantage
- Work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others
- Proficiency in both written and oral English
Your application must include
- A brief account of the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- Names and contact information for two referees. One of these may be the main advisor from the PhD programme.
- Transcripts and diplomas and official confirmation that the doctoral thesis has been submitted
- Relevant certificates/references
- List of any works of a scientific nature (publication list)
- Selected scientific publications can be provided as PDFs
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at Jobbnorge.
Deadline: 28 February 2016
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting: Eivind Valen (email@example.com).
More Information: Click here