The Agrotechnology & Food Sciences Group is part of Wageningen University & Research (WUR) is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic postdoctoral scientific researcher to work on a project within the EU funded CAPITALISE project.
About the project and position:
- CAPITALISE is a multinational multidisciplinary program that will run until the end of November 2024.
- It aims to phenotype and genetically map natural occurring variation for key photosynthetic traits in tomato, barley and maize, to understand better the physiology of these traits, and to develop new high throughput phenotyping methods for photosynthetic traits.
- The selected candidate will be applying established high-throughput chlorophyll fluorescence and other imaging methods to phenotype photosynthetic traits in tomato populations designed for GWAS or other methods to map quantitative trait loci (QTLs).
- The identified QTLs will subsequently be further resolved with the aim to identify the underlying genes. Within CAPITALISE new phenotyping methods will be also developed. You will be expected to contribute to this development, and apply these new methods in your QTL analysis.
- The selected candidate will have ample experience with plant physiology research.
- The candidate will work with Dr Jeremy Harbinson (Laboratory of Biophysics) and Professor Mark Aarts (Laboratory of Genetics).
- The duration of the appointment will initially be for a period of 12 months, with the possibility and intention to extend to a maximum of 3.5 years, starting as soon as possible.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree in Plant Breeding or Genetics, especially with proven expertise in QTL analysis/GWAS and high-throughput phenotyping techniques, and with relevant experience in plant physiology (especially photosynthesis);
- Applicant must have strong interest in experimental research;
- Applicant must have experience as a lead writer, for example in your PhD thesis;
- Applicant must have collaborative researcher with good communication skills;
- Applicant must possess an excellent command of the English language.
Apply online with motivational letter (if possible), Resume showing experience.
|Organization||Wageningen University & Research (WUR)|
|Subject areas||Plant Breeding, Genetics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 8, 2020|