Quantitative Modelling of Cell Metabolism (QMCM) is a new section at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Centre for Bio sustainability, headed by Professor Lars Keld Nielsen and supported by a Novo Nordisk Foundation Laureate Research Grant.
About the position:
- In QMCM, we focus on developing mathematical models to explore and explain the molecular basis for homeostasis the self-regulating processes evolved to maintain metabolic equilibrium in organisms.
- Studying homeostasis is relevant for the understanding and treatment of complex diseases and tailoring personalized treatment schemes.
- Additionally, it is important for the design of cell factories, where we seek to repurpose the cellular machinery for the production of desired chemicals, materials and pharmaceuticals. In this process, the cells’ homeostatic control mechanisms must be either disabled or exploited.
Candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent
How to apply:
- Please submit your online application no later than 18 September 2020 (local time).
- Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration.
- To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Further information may be obtained from Scientific Director Lars Keld Nielsen, lakeni(A)biosustain.dtu.dk.
- ou can read more about The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability on biosustain.dtu.dk/english.
|Type of position||postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Software engineering, Computational biology|
|Deadline||September 18 ,2020|