The Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Faculty of Natural Sciences (NV) at Norwegian University for Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for a position as Postdoctor. The postdoc/researcher will have a central role in the NTNU Battery initiative coordinating the battery research activities between NV/NTNU and the strategic research area NTNU Energy at NTNU.
About the position:
- The position in battery technology is focused on characterization and development of functional materials, as well as understanding of the electrochemical reactions and degradation phenomena of Li-ion batteries.
- Research topics will be devoted to studies of next generation Li-ion batteries, like for example studies of silicon-graphite electrodes, electrode/electrolyte interfaces, or solutions for high energy cathodes.
- The successful candidate is expected to develop a research profile in close collaboration with the present battery activities at the Department.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in Materials Chemistry, Materials Science and Technology, Electrochemistry or similar.
- Candidates with documented expertise in development of functional materials for Li-ion batteries, electrochemical characterization, and advanced characterization techniques for materials and interfaces.
- Experience in in-situ characterization techniques is considered an advantage.
- Applicant must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must provide evidence of the ability to publish scientific papers.
Submit application electronically including the following:
- Certificates and diplomas
- List of publications with bibliographical references
- Brief research plan stating future research interests
- Name and address of three potential references
- Documentation of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) if English or a Scandinavian language is not the applicant’s mother tongue
- Reference letters
- Applicants invited for interview must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters.
- Quote the application number NV-124/19 when applying.
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
Materials Chemistry, Materials Science & Technology, Electrochemistry
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||20th January 2020|
- Total Jobs 42 Jobs
- Address Norway