Studies of Molecular Solids: Postdoc Research Associate (PDF) position in Studies of molecular solidsis available at the University of Edinburgh. The position is to undertake synthesis, characterization & high-pressure structural studies of molecular solids, (transition metal complexes and organic radicals).
Vacancy Ref: 037297
Contact Person : Prof Neil Robertson
Contact Email : Neil.Robertson@ed.ac.uk
This work forms part of a project to develop new materials for pioneering new transistor technology. The successful candidate will hold a PhD in chemistry, or a related discipline, and have experience in molecular synthesis, electrochemical, spectroscopic and structural characterisation of molecules.
Fixed Term: 36 months starting 01 January 2017
Postdoctoral Research Associate in Molecular Electronic Materials at the School of Chemistry and the Centre for Science at Extreme Conditions (CSEC)
Main Responsibilities, specifically focussing on problem solving with respect to:
- Design and synthesise new target molecules with appropriate properties.
- Interpret structural data and electronic properties to understand structure-property relationships.
- Develop relationships within the internal team and with external partners.
1 Within the School of Chemistry –
PI (Principle Investigator): Professor Neil Robertson
Co-investigator: Dr Stephen Moggach
In the School of Engineering/CSEC –
Co-investigator: Professor Konstantin Kamenev
- PhD in synthesis, electronic characterization & X-ray structural studies of small molecules.
- Experience of some of the experimental methods like, electrochemistry, UV-Vis spectroscopy by transmittance or diffuse reflectance, X-ray diffraction, solution processing of molecular films.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct high-quality research with excellent publication outputs.
- Good communication, presentation & interpersonal skills.
|Organization||University of Edinburgh|