Stockholm University Research at Nordita covers a broad range of theoretical physics including astrophysics, biophysics, condensed matter physics, gravitation,cosmology and astroparticle physics, high-energy physics,and statistical physics/complex systems.
- The research activity of the local academic staff is supplemented by Nordita
- Scientific Programs, which bring together groups of leading experts to work on specific topics for extended periods.
- There is also ample opportunity for collaboration with faculty and research staff at local universities
Further information about Nordita can be found at nordita.org
- We expect to have an opening for one postdoctoral position in theoretical condensed matter physics.
- The focus of this position will be on the search for novel quantum materials and mechanisms for quantum sensing of light dark matter.
- The successful applicant should have expertise in quantum materials and quantum sensing, with the goal of developing candidate mechanisms and detection techniques for sub-GeV dark matter detection or axion detection.
- Postdoctoral positions are appointed primarily for purposes of research.
- Applicants are expected to hold a Swedish doctoral degree or an equivalent degree from another country.
- The degree should have been completed by the starting date of the position and no more than three years before the deadline for applications.
- An older degree may be acceptable under special circumstances, which may involve sick leave, parental leave, clinical attachment, elected positions in trade unions, or similar.
- In the appointment process, special attention will be given to research skills and ability to conduct research in the interactive interdisciplinary environment.
How to apply
Apply for the position at Stockholm University’s recruitment system. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement, and that it is submitted before the deadline.
- Further information about the position can be obtained from Nordita Professor Alexander Balatsky, firstname.lastname@example.org..
|Type of position||PhD position|
|Subject areas||Physics, quantum materials, astrophysics, biophysics|
|Deadline||September 15, 2020|