The Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences at TU Delft (Delft University of Technology) is inviting applications for the postdoctoral researcher for the project REFLEX (Infragravity wave REFlection and dune erosion during EXtreme Storms).
About the position:
- The postdoc will be responsible for the hydrodynamic part of this field campaign, that will include detailed measurements of the (directional) short and infragravity wave fields both offshore of our field site and near the dune during a series of storms. The in-house hydraulic engineering field program at TU Delft will support this field campaign.
- The postdoctoral researcher will work in a team with dr. Marion Tissier and Pr. Ad Reniers at TU Delft and will additionally advised by dr. Ap van Dongeren at Deltares.
- This postdoc position will have duration of 2 years for a full time employment (possibility to work part time and increase the contract duration).
- The postdoctoral researcher will be working in the Environmental Fluid Mechanics (EFM) research group.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Hydraulic Engineering or Physical Geography or a related field.
- Track record in wave related research in coastal waters
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a team
- Experience or strong affinity with field work and data processing
- Experience in numerical modeling
Send application by e-mail to email@example.com including:
- Motivation letter (approx 1 page)
- Publication list
All the information should be combined in a single PDF entitled: “TUD00460_YourLastName.pdf”
|Organization||TU Delft (Delft University of Technology)|
|Subject areas||Hydraulic Engineering, Physical Geography|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 19th 2020|