Postdoc Research Associate – Discipline of Biomedical Informatics – Text mining
This Opportunity is for an Early Career Researcher (ECR) with text mining experience to join an established research team in clinical research informatics working with Sydney University and collaborating with Harvard University
Duration and Fellowships: Full-time two-year fixed term with a base salary starting at $74,862 plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
Reference No.: 674/0520
It is an opportunity to join a well-established team with Associate Professor Adam Dunn (Head of Discipline for Biomedical Informatics and Digital Health, University of Sydney) and Associate Professor Florence Bourgeois (Computational Health Informatics Program, Harvard Medical School).
Seeking a motivated postdoc researcher to address problems in clinical research using methods from text mining, natural language processing (NLP), and information retrieval. This is a valuable opportunity to expand your research skills.
The main responsibilities of the role include to:
- develop and evaluate new methods in biomedical informatics applications;
- translate those methods into tools for use by the community; and
- contribute to observational studies in clinical epidemiology examining biases in clinical research.
Requirements / Qualifications
- contribute to the development of research projects in biomedical informatics;
- assist other researchers and students with various tasks including data collection and analysis;
- prepare and contribute to publications, presentations, and code repositories;
- contribute to grant applications;
- engage with external collaborative partners and stakeholders.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- a PhD in any field relevant to biomedical informatics or computer science, or equivalent;
- demonstrated research skills in text mining, information retrieval, NLP, or machine learning;
- a strong record of contributions to peer reviewed publications; and
clear career goals to develop an internationally competitive research profile.
How to apply
For further information about the position or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application please contact Recruitment Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10 June 2020, 11:30pm, Wednesday
How to apply:
Applications to be made online
|Organization||University of Sydney|
|Position||Postdoctoral Research Associate|
|Subject areas||Biomedical Informatics|
|Eligibility||As mentioned above|
|Deadline||10 June 2020|