Applications are invited for one Postdoctoral positions in automated synthesis, processing and applications of layered functional materials “beyond graphene” as part of a European Research Council (ERC) granted project.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- This post-doctoral position will form part of a multi-disciplinary project team funded by the European Research Council (ERC).
- We deploy tools from polymer chemistry and the field of crystalline organic solids to extend the portfolio of microporous polymers and introduce a new class of crystalline fully-aromatic materials.
- Our team seeks to develop new heteroatom-containing covalent organic frameworks and utilise them in (nobel) metal-free energy storage and conversion.
- The project will use high-throughput methodologies and insights into donor-acceptor design of polymer frameworks.
- You will have a PhD in Chemistry, Physics or Materials Science, a strong publication record, a pro-active approach and strong expertise in areas relevant to the project (e.g. diffraction methods, surface analytics, structural prediction techniques, materials synthesis).
- Please note that this is a PhD level role but candidates who have submitted their thesis and are awaiting award of their PhDs will be considered. In these circumstances the appointment will be made at Grade 5, spine point 30 with the title of Research Assistant.
- Upon confirmation of the award of the PhD, the job title will become Research Associate and the salary will increase to Grade 6.
- This advertisement does meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will be able to offer sponsorship for this role.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply one line and for more information contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||King’s College London|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Physics or Materials Science,|