Department of Engineering, Fluids and Thermal Engineering, University of Nottingham, UK invites application for Post-doctoral Research fellow position in Chemical engineering for project “ECHO – Electromagnetically-assisted Catalytic-upgrading of Heavy Oil”. The project aim is to develop a novel process for down-hole upgrading of heavy oil using microwaves, and testing them in a new microwave reactor. The objective which will work as milestone for this projects are
- Decreasing level of surface upgrading necessary
- Improve transportability of heavy oil
- Reduce emissions and environmental impact.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree
- Candidates with a physical science or engineering background
- Excellence in teaching at graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Good analytical skills & capability to be part of interdisciplinary team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of simulation packages for data-processing & modelling would be an advantage.
- Earlier work exposure in microwave technology, enhanced oil recovery & catalysis would be a benefit.
- Informal enquiries may be addressed to Dr Sean Rigby tel: 0115 951 4078 or email: email@example.com
- Applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
- Total Hours per week: 36.25 hours per week
How to apply
Applicants should register on university website first and then apply as per instructions.
|Organization||University of Nottingham|
|Fellowship Level||Post-doctoral Research Fellow|
|Subject areas||Chemical Engineering|
|Fellowship||£25769 to £37768 per annum|
|Deadline||17th August 2016|