Postdoc Research Scientist in Cell Transplantation at the Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences, NHS Blood and Transplant Offices, John Radcliffe Hospital.
Fellowship / Salary: Grade 7: £31,604 – £38,833 p.a.
Overview: The successful candidate will be working closely with Professor Henk Giele and Dr Ann Ogbemudia and he/she will be responsible for developing the Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC) and Stromal Vascular Fraction (SVF) capabilities of the laboratory, and for handling islets used in the research program.
In addition, the selected candidatae will assist in the practical pre-clinical work of the research project handling human skin and blood during machine perfusion experiments, and in the coordination/analysis of the samples derived from a clinical trial of immunological monitoring of organ transplantation. The work will involve the time critical processing of blood samples which will necessitate some unplanned after hours and/or on-call work.
Requirements for the Position:
1. PhD, or be nearing completion, in a biological sciences discipline.
2. Gained experience in the cellular transplantation field, preferably in mesenchymal stem cells, stromal vascular fraction, or human islets.
3. Experience with handling human tissue samples as well as managing your own research activities.
4. The candidate will be creative and able to generate new ideas to contribute to the project.
5. Excellent communication skills are also essential, including the ability to assist with writing publications and presenting data at group meetings.
Type of employment: This full-time post is available immediately and is fixed-term for 12 months.
1. Applications for this vacancy are to be made online
2. Candidates are required to upload your CV and a covering letter.
3. Please quote reference NDSA694 on all correspondence.
Only applications received before 12.00 noon on 18 June 2018 can be considered. Interviews will be held 6 July 2018.
Contact Person : Gemma Horbatowski
Vacancy ID : 134245
Closing Date : 18-Jun-2018
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Quick Overview —————|
|Organization||University of Oxford|
|Fellowship Amount||Illustrated above|
|Eligibility||Open for international students|
- Name of Organisation Field Value